Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing 23


I enjoyed web 2.0 becasue it made me sit down and sift thru all the new technologies. I like to keep up with new things but usually i just dont have the time to find them all or i depend on my friends to send me links or news about cool sites. Many of the things we learned i use on a daily basis but i t def deepened my knowledge and gave me a work setting to apply all these new great tools to. I felt ilke i didnt really have time at work to work on this and ended up doing alot of it at home. I also felt like the posts were confusing at times and i would liked to have seen the discovery exercises more clearly marked to I could go back and make sure i did everything easier. I guess they seemed a little too narrative and i was looking for get in and go directions. I think the library as a whole should def use blogs more in our daily communication, maybe instead of ripple effect we could blog our events and programs, and possibly odcasting or you tubing our trainings for staff who can not attend or even recording our great programs and posting to youtube and maybe linking to local sites so people can see what kinds of things we do. I hooked all my friends on Pandora.com and yelp.com and librarything

No comments: