Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thing 16

The Library success wiki was a great resource. I clicked on Library prgrams for kids and teens and it brought me to a database for programming that you can search by age group, cost, topic and so on. I have a dinosaur program comig up and when i looked under dino crafts for preschool kids i found a cool stegosaurs hat craft. The only thing i don't like about wiki's is how plain they are they feel like the backend of something and sometimes they you can follow a long trail but not end up with much info becasue it all user inputted and you need user use to make it interesting.

I like wiki for their ease of use but it can be difficult to expalin to kids who see things like wikipedia pop up first or other user inputted sites that all the info might not be accurate. I think its a great resource for sharing info but people def need to remeber why we have actual encyclopedias and look for info that is academic and verified. Another issue with wikis is the potential for hackers and just people with nothing better to do than mess with things

No comments: